Takeaways for this superlative rule-set include:
- The Lethal Vollies national characteristic is either too lethal, either that or I seem to 'luck out' with the English each time we play hehehe; though I can see how, if used sparingly, it can be representative of platoon fire and British troops during AWI battles.
- A la Baionette N.C. is adequately foiled by the Steady Lads N.C., even if the French get their charges in early.
- Every time we play this set, the battlefield gets split!
|Some nice classic Minifigs.|
- This game is about not having enough resource to do what you want! Period! Show me another set that does it as well. Granted, we see it in C&C but perhaps with a little more randomness. Only Field of Battle seems to grant the same degree of battlefield chaos.
- By learning how to manipulate these rules, you inevitably learn how to fight on the C18th battlefield, because the design is so good - there, I said it!