Thursday 10 October 2019

Le Duc (not) on the Road XVII - More from Versailles

SO, after yesterday's post, I mentioned to Mademoiselle that the fans demanded more (though haven't got to a certain tomb yet). I was of course kidding, though she took me literally (bless...), hence, here is more Versailles.

Seems like an ok place to work !?!?!?!








 Louis...Louis

 Yes...I'm wondering if it's a useful scale too...








And of course Radio Gobin presents Louis...Louis! ...or Louie Louie ...I'm so confused.

6 comments:

  1. From Versailles to Motorheads' version of "Louie, Louie." I did not see that connection coming!

    When I played in rock bands many years ago, "Louie, Louie" was a standard request in many of the Pacific Northwest bars in which we performed. Both The Kingsmen (Portland, OR) and Paul Revere and the Raiders (Boise, ID) were local bands in the early days of Rock 'n Roll. My mother tells some good stories about Paul Revere and the Raiders ending a gig at the Armory and then descending upon my grandfather's restaurant to wind down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - it was a tenuous link at best.
      Louie Louie, would never have been my guess for Motorhead to cover, even in the madness that was the 1970s.

      I wasn't familiar with Paul Revere and the Raiders, but you have now of course reminded me (1) that I need to get an AWI game in and (2) I need to catch up with what's happening in the NFL...

      We should probably start a band soon - the Bloggers?

      Delete
  2. A magnificent place to visit one can almost feel the spirit of the Sun King.
    Some superb giant battle paintings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I need to get over. She gets to work there every day.

      Delete
    2. The huge battle paintings are what caught attention when I visited.

      Delete
    3. Yes, good point. She hasn't taken decent pics of those yet. ...further posts may yet follow in this regard.

      Delete